Thinking of Interning? Feeling called to partner with us at PHCF?
In order to have the best possible experience at PHCF, it is important to take into consideration a few things:
How are you supporting yourself?
- do you have savings for living expenses, i.e., accommodations as in rent and accompanying bills, travel, food, “fun money”, etc while you look for employment?
- Please check out out Employment Opportunities section for information on jobs on the North Island
Where are you staying?
- Apartment, hotel, hostel etc…
How long do you intend on staying?
- Do you intend on staying short term or long term?
What are your expectations in serving at Port Hardy Christian Fellowship?
- i.e., training, impartation, etc?
- What are you hoping to gain from being involved at PHCF?
In what areas do you see yourself serving at Port Hardy Christian Fellowship?
- where are your skills?
- where do your passions lie?
- what do you have experience in?
How will your family dynamics be affected?
- will your family be travelling with you?
If you are coming from outside of Canada:
- do you have an appropriate visa?
What are our (PHCF's) expectations for individuals coming to intern?
Come with a willingness to submit yourself to and partner with the vision and core values of PHCF. We invite you to come and learn the heart of PHCF.
We require interns to:
- read our local church constitution, discuss with Pastoral Staff, and sign agreement to submit to and abide by LCC
- discuss PHCF leadership policies and principles with Pastoral Staff, and sign agreement to submit to and abide by them
- sign that you have read and agree with the basic fundamental statement of faith adopted by PHCF
- work out accommodations and employment before arriving in Port Hardy. We suggest that interns have financial resources to cover accommodations, food, travel, “fun” money for a month while employment is secured
Recent Blog Entries